Adding patrons can be done in one of three ways:
- You can use the Quick Patron Add on the lending page, which only lets you enter in the name and email.
- You can go the patrons page, and click on Add Patron to enter in more details about the user.
Options on the Add Patron page:
- Barcode (Unique - numbers only - minimum 5 digits, maximum 15)
Most accounts should not create their own barcodes - Libib will auto-assign
- First name
- Last name
- Email (Unique - required if patron is to place holds, self-checkout or to login on the published library)
- Notification Email (Non-unique - overrides 'email' for patron notifications but does not allow login)
- Patron ID (Non-unique - allows you to assign searchable IDs to a patron)
- Password (Edit page only - patrons typically set their own passwords on the published library page. However a manager may overwrite or set a patron password after a patron has been created on the patron edit page.)
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Zip Code
3. Account Owners have the ability to import patron csv files. In order for an import to occur, the file must include a first and last name. Emails, if included, must be unique. Notification emails are optional, and do not need to be unique (multiple students for example, could have due date notifications go to their parents email - however the notification email does not allow logins).
The fields listed above are the allowed columns. You can download a csv template here. Barcodes are not included in the template, but you can add that column if needed - most accounts should not create their own barcodes - Libib will auto-assign.
After you upload a csv file, you will be directed to double-check your values, and that they align with Libib's values.
Technical note: If there are non-latin characters in the CSV file, you must
ensure that the file has a UTF-8 encoding for the import to work.
- The name of your csv column.
- A drop down list of possible matches that Libib will recognize.
If there is "no match found", Libib will ignore it.
- The first 5 rows of your csv's data for review.