If you’re a patron of Libib library and need some help you’ve come to the right place.
To access a library you’ll need to get the URL from your library administrator. The URL will be https://username.libib.com. Depending on your administrators settings you may have to login using your email or barcode ID and password just to browse the library.
Getting a Password
You need a password to use various features of the published library like accessing the library, accessing the patron account page, checking out an item, or placing a hold.
You can get a password by clicking on “Need Password?” at the bottom of any popup dialogs. This will email you a password. Optionally, if your email is not in the system you can request that a library manager set your password for you.
If you need to reset your password you can use the “Need Password?” link at anytime or if your administrator as enabled the Patron Account page you can click “Patron Login” > select “edit profile” > and update your password.
Checkout an Item (optional feature)
There are many ways to checkout items. I have detailed all options below.
- Have a library manager checkout the item for you.
- Use quick self-checkout. This is a “Checkout” button you simply click located within an items details. If more than one copy a book is available you’ll be required to choose one of the provided barcodes from a popup list. This will place the item in a queue so you can add additional books. Once you’ve added all your items click “Complete.” If you do not see this option it may not be enabled and you’ll need to reach out to your Libib library administrator.
- Checkout items via Kiosk mode. Kiosk is an available computer or tablet that can be used to check out items. Your library administrator should leave you instructions at the Kiosk as this can be configured in many different ways. This feature may not be available if it was not enabled by an administrator.
Placing a Hold (optional feature)
- Have a library manager place the hold for you.
- Simply click the “Place Hold” button in the item’s details. This will add the hold to a queue allowing you place holds or checkout other books. Once you’re ready to complete the process click “Complete.”
See Active Items or Lending History (optional feature)
Click “Patron Login” below the organizations logo in the left sidebar and login. This will allow you to see your active and past lending history. If you do not see this feature it may be disabled. You’ll need to reach out to your Libib library administrator.
Update Patron Information (optional feature)
Click “Patron Login” below the organizations logo in the left sidebar and login. Next select “edit profile” from the top menu on the right. This will allow you to update your patron information, change your password, and set your notification preferences.