- Select a title This will be the name of your library (a collection of items).
- Select a type (Books, movies, music, or video games). It’s important to note that libraries can only contain a single type. Don’t worry though you can create up to 100 different to hold all your books, movies, music, and games.
- Choose to optionally publish your library. Publishing your library will make it public. Unchecking will keep your library private. Publishing your library is currently the only way to share your library with others.
Now that you’ve created your first library you’re ready to begin adding items. Click “Add Items” in the left sidebar. It’s important to remember what library you last had active as this will be the library where your items will be added. There are 3 different method of adding items via the website.
- Search – look up items by ISBN, UPC, Keywords, or LCCN (LCCN is PRO only)
- CSV Import – detailed guide CSV import guide.
- Manual Entry – this method should be reserved for rare/antique items without an ISBN or UPC. Here you can manually enter the data for each field.
We’ve added our items now it’s time to setup your published page. This will give you a unique URL where other can see your collection. To find your unique URL click on “Publish” in the left sidebar. At the very top of the Publish page a button displays your personalized link.
Be sure to check out the Settings. Libib is very customizable!
If you haven’t downloaded the mobile apps at this point make sure you do! They’re an excellent companion for scanning items in or handling lending features as a Pro user. We have a getting started guide for our mobile apps well.
Additional Help Resources